Tuesday 31 July 2012

My Week 8 Mini Milestone: what it is

Hi :)  I said I'd write on Tuesday night...I don't have anything to report, but I thought I'd drop by and talk about my Week 8 Mini Milestone...I'll be completing it tomorrow :)

We're actually in Week 9 right now but I couldn't complete this task before Sunday because of a few things, I was interstate and also needed to get my bike fixed.

Because...my Mini Milestone is to ride my bike outside, in public.  I haven't ridden it since that day in late 2010 when I came 7000th (see my previous post).

I know, it's not a big deal what happened that day and I did feel amazing afterwards, but...it absolutely wrecked my confidence with riding and I haven't sat on it since.  The other reason is because I have put on so much weight since then (maybe 20kg?) that I am afraid to ride in public because I will look so fat, and also I very honestly don't know if my bike can handle my weight.  Also I physically struggled to ride when I was 20kg less...I can't imagine how much it would hurt to do it now.

So that whole paragraph that I just wrote...do you know what that was?  That was a paragraph full of excuses.  Every single one of them.  Yes it is all real...but I should have knocked those excuses on their heads and JFDoneI.  Anyway - there's no point in regressing too much ;)

The fact is, I have been delaying the inevitable for coming up to 2 years now, and decided to make it my Mini Milestone.  This is a huge thing for me.  I seriously haven't even SAT on my bike since.  I know this, because when I went to do my milestone last week, I realised that the tyres were down and had been down since I swapped tyres after that ride.  I'm not very cycle-technologically advanced and couldn't pump them up, and there were a few other issues so I wiped off the dust (literally), loaded it in my car (see picture!) and took it to a bike shop for a tune up last week.  I pick it up tomorrow.  I'm home from my weekend trip, I'll have a clean, fixed bike, it's Week 8 (9) and I promised myself that I would do this.

I'll let you know how I go when I ride tomorrow night.  I've worked myself up for 2 years for this day.  I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment