Hi guys :) I promised I'd write tonight so here I am :)
Okay....so I am feeling really overwhelmed. I know I need to make a re-commitment tonight. Why tonight? Because I promised you (and therefore myself) and because why not tonight? The quicker I get back on track, the better. I shouldn't have been off for this long already.
But I made time as promised and sat here for ages, thinking. I was just feeling really overwhelmed. I have let everything spiral so far out of control that I don't know where to start. And it got me thinking of that saying:
"How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time."
It's so true. How am I going to do EVERYTHING if I look at EVERYTHING and freak out and therefore do NOTHING? If I do SOMETHING then I am on my way to getting through EVERYTHING. Right?
So...my plan is:
- Recommit to my commitment and regain CONTROL of my life
- Re-read my commitment: http://cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au/p/cocos-commitment.html
Re-read my list of 100 reasons why I want to lose weight: http://cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/100-reasons-why-i-want-to-lose-weight.html
- Number crunch - reassess my number goals compared to where I am
- Fix up my training schedule - get it up to date and plan out the next 2 weeks of training
- Plan my next week's meals and order groceries
- Update my diary - this will make me feel so much better. I am usually obsessed with my Calendar but lately haven't been updating it at all. So I will update all appointments, and then red flag days, shopping days, 12WBT related things eg. Mish's next live chat, and of course training as mentioned above.
- Update my To Do list. This is usually my big thing every day. Every day I usually check it obsessively - it has all of the little things that I need to do listed, and mini goals to work up to my big goals. I use an awesome app on my phone by Appigo called ToDo. I haven't used it in about 11 weeks - no wonder I feel off centre!
- Reply to all of my SMS's that I haven't answered lately. My poor friends are very understanding...! :)
- Email my real estate about 2 items that are broken - this is random and one TINY little thing out of a million things but it's something that I have been meaning to do for weeks and weeks. It's just one thing that I keep putting off and it's been getting me down.
- Book in car service (another thing that I have been putting off).
- Move any of these tasks that I don't get done today to Wednesday as I don't have much time tomorrow- but I will try to get this all done tomorrow.
- Weigh in and not get upset that I have put on weight (because I know I will)
- Watch all of Mish's latest videos. I haven't watched the last few properly. The reason being, I love these videos so much and I don't feel I've deserved to watch them over the last week. I get so inspired watching them, and don't want to 'waste' them when I'm not being serious (if this makes sense).
- Clean my house thoroughly and vigorously (as a workout!)
- Sit down with my finances and sort them out: Part 1
- Redo my pre-season tasks
- Sit down with my finances and sort them out: Part 2 (this is really out of control - this will take some time) :)
- Read my Coco Butter comments and reply
- Spend time in the 12WBT forums. I get inspired in there. And in the 12WBT Facebook groups that I'm a part of.
- Write a blog post about my home gym that I made! Because I've been meaning to.
- Work on getting my personal emails up to date
- Get my laptop up to date - files and photos are everywhere (yes, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organisation) :)
- Update my filing at home (paperwork)
- Finish getting my personal emails up to date
- Go on tour (just for the weekend) for my play and have FUN!
- Have a bath (something I've been meaning to do for well over 3 years - yes I know! I haven't really had a bathtub at home in that long - I shower), be kind to myself and go to bed early. (I have a big weekend coming up and will be exhausted on Sunday night).
So there we go :) There are many more things that I should have listed, but I think that's a good start. I have another busy week but I will work hard to get these things done, and yes, I will report back here. :)
I'm feeling overwhelmed, but I will feel worse if I continue being run over by my own wagon. I'm scared because I am so far behind, but I have to get back up there now. In a years time, this week or two of being off track won't matter. But if I don't get back onboard now, in a years time it will still matter because I'll be on the same merry-go-round. I need to get my head back in the right space and I think I need to watch Mish's videos and podcasts - not just the ones I've been saving up, but her old mindset ones too.
My control post is still yet to come, but for now I am just adding the control back into my life. I need to control my life - no-one else will! Good news from yesterday/today though: my play opened so that is one thing that is on track now, and I accepted a new job out of some offers I had. I start in 2 weeks after I finish my current one. So that major stress will be off my shoulders. Come to think of it, I started getting off track with everything other than my health as soon as I found out about it (my job finishing). I think that has been a bigger cause of stress than I realised.
Anyway I am blabbing now - the short of it is, I have a new job and am sorted in that respect. Now to sort myself. :)
I'm going to post this now as I promised it would be Monday night and it's 11:54pm and I'm a woman of my word! ;)
Thanks for listening guys. I'll keep my plan updated and I will keep you updated.
Love Coco :) xo