Here's the rest of my IG posts (see my last blog post) - after this you will be up to date and I can tell you about a few more things! Again, if you follow me on IG and my blog then please ignore this double up :)
1. I started school (Year 1) when I was 4, and finished with the same school mates, when I finished Year 12 when I was 16. In that time though, I was in Year 4 twice, Year 5 three times, Year 7 for only a term, and have never been in Year 6. (I always feel I missed out on something by never being in Year 6 lol)
2. I'm a descendant of a famous Hollywood actress and American President (back in the Katherine Hepburn era - not famous now). When I heard this I felt now I know where I'm from...if that makes sense...my ancestry is mainly British/Scottish/European but I have a really deep connection and love for the USA like I belong there and now I feel I know why ☺️
3. Apart from that, I am half British and 1/32 Spanish Princess! (So therefore, I too am a princess...see there's truth to those times when I call myself one!) 😉😂😉😂
4. I got fired from KFC when I was 17 for having bright pink hair. (& refusing to take it out!)
5. Some of you would have noticed this but I am petrified of animals. All animals. Most animals I can at least handle seeing (from a safe distance) but there's a couple that I have an intense phobia about. You'd better have the triple shot Valium ready if you're ever with me & I see one!
6. My first kiss was televised. (Accidentally!)
7. I used to get paid to dance to the Spice Girls and Ricky Martin and make people laugh.
8. haha forgot this one!
9. When I was 14, a Turkish man (who I had just met) offered his carpet store to my Dad, in exchange for me. Dad still jokes that he made the wrong decision "I could have had a carpet store!" Lol 😂
10. The first time I got drunk was at a party when I was 16 with silverchair, Presidents of the United States, Ben Folds, Powderfinger, Kylie Minogue, The Superjesus etc. I made a huge fool out of myself.
11. I've lived with 46 people.
12. I was fluent in 3 languages at the age of 9. Not so much now - I can't speak the others at all anymore!
13. Once I wagged school with a friend so that we could try and meet Kylie Minogue. Her dad happened to drive past us while we were standing on the side of the road. It wasn't even his side of town - were we unlucky or what?! We ran away and hid...he must have thought he saw us because he drove back and started circling the block. We were hiding behind a car and long story but someone saw us doing this and let us hide in their workplace until her dad had left! Score! And naughty! And yep, we met Kylie 😉
14. When I was about 15, I found $350 in $50 notes on my street. I found the owner (a neighbours friend) and returned the money. Doh! 😩 A while after, I mentioned to my parents that I couldn't believe they didn't even say thank you for handing it back. A few days later, there was a card in my letterbox from them & $35 in the card to say thank you. It wasn't till I was about 25 that I found out that it was actually my parents who did that for me ☺️
15. I live in an apartment that replaced an old cinema. (It was torn down and apartments were made). I used to go to that cinema growing up, with my family, with friends, on dates etc. and it weirds me out that I now live on the same site 😊
16. Speaking of dating, I've probably had about 6 dates where I've had people watching from afar to make sure I'm ok! The most embarrassing was my Dad once! He pretending to be incognito and went all stealth in a phone box so he could check out the guy I was meeting to make sure it appeared safe...then he went home and I went on the date! Other dates I've had friends hiding in bars etc. to make sure I'm ok. One friend surprised me by doing it once and hid behind a tree making faces at me (& pretending to dry hump the tree!) while I tried to maintain composure with my date to not give him away!
17. I had a Swiss German spy sent to my classroom when I was 9 to spy on me and I had no idea.
18. There's food that I don't like much but the one thing I can not, and will not ever eat, is lamb. I used to eat it, then we had pet sheep growing up and one night when I was about 14 we went to my grandparents place to stay the night and we had lamb for dinner. When we got home the next day, one of our sheep had died overnight. It was a coincidence - (it wasn't the same lamb!) but the irony of it immediately swore me off lamb for life and I haven't been able to eat it since.
19. I've happened to have been in charge of evacuating buildings in 3 emergency situations (fire & 2 gas leaks). I safely evacuated hundreds of people, ending up on the news and a newspaper reported that the evacuation was handled with 'military precision.' #boom! Yet around the same time, my toaster at home caught slightly on fire and I jumped up and down like a girl so much that my flatmate had to stop the fire. (That was a once off by the way, I've had fires since and haven't panicked!)! :)
20. I was once in an earthquake but I was at a party and drinking at the time so it took me a while to realise. We now fondly call that "the earthquake party."
There you go! I told you they'd be random!😝
Went to Ikea tonight....we planned to have dinner....would have loved to have meat balls or the deep fried fish and chips etc (& the $1 massive blocks of chocolate! $1 oh my gosh how I wanted it!) But........brought my 237 calorie protein pancakes that I cooked at home, with a little plastic fork and knife. #operationbirthday #focus #weightloss #12wbt
1 week ago:
So! It’s been a little while since I did any crazy challenges so this needs fixing stat! LOL. This is one challenge I’ve had planned for a long time. I like to call it “Operation Crazy”. Tomorrow I’m attempting to do 3 events: a 5km fun run, then two triathlons (mini tris)….all before lunch. Crazy much? I’ve got it all worked out and believe I can do this. It’s going to be exhausting but I want to try it. These are my race numbers! Tonight will be spent getting myself organised for tomorrow…this will need military precision organisation skills when it comes to packing my bag and the car, to successfully execute! In about 24 hours, I hope to show you 3 medals representing that the challenge has been completed! :) #crazy #operationcrazy #funrun #triathlon #challenge #goal #goals #week10 #round4 #12wbt #minimilestonex3 #thinkofme #preparation #exercise #training #fitspo #fit #fitness #fitfam
1 week ago
Done. Done. And done. 😄 Will write more later xxxxxxx #operationcrazy
🔶Morning exercise: complete ✔️ 🔶Quick fill in mini grocery shop because I haven’t done this weeks food planning / buying / prepping yet (oops!): done ✔️ 🔶Breaky: eaten ✔️ #operationbirthday #operationbirthdayhomerun #week11 #round4 #12wbt #fit #fitness #loseweight #weightloss
6 days ago
'I can and I will.' #transformationtuesday #transformation #weightloss #loseweight #beforeandafter #beforeafter #12wbt #believe