Thursday 23 January 2014

Catch up post using my Instagram

Ahhhh, my beautiful blog.  I've missed writing so much!  It's only been 5 days :)  But I feel like I have SO much to catch up on here, that it's been a lot longer than that.

Things have been crazy, hectic and I haven't had time to get on here.  However, I have been updating Instagram pretty much daily.  Most of the things I need to get you up to date with are on my Instagram, so what I'm going to do is to be completely lazy, and copy and paste some of my latest Instagram posts in here.  The benefit for you is I don't write as much on Instagram so the stories will just be epic, not epic times infinity length like my blog.  You can flick through the photos and read as little or as much as you want.  And it will give me a chance to get up to date instead of writing things again.  When I write my next blog post I'll know that I can refer to things as you'll be up to date.  Cop out?  Yes. Time savvy?  Yes.

I'll do this over a couple of blog posts also, as I have a lot of IG posts!  As soon as that's done I'll post again with some new updates as I have so much to say!  I always do!  I'll expand on some of the stuff - including my crazy triathlon day - you'll see in the updates that yes I did achieve it :)  I came home with a smile and 3 medals as I had hoped :)  More to update you on with that!

Apologies to anyone who follows my blog and IG, this will be a non event post for you.  But for all of you others, settle back and enjoy the ride of my last few weeks, brought to you by my IG account, @cocogirlbutter




3 weeks ago:  
1: #ihavenomuscles 2: #tooksoooooolongtoday 3: #overit #selfiebreak #distractingmyself 4: #ihavesweatinmyeyessoicouldntshowmyeyesattheend #exercise #training #operationbirthday #round4 #12wbt



3 weeks ago:  
Throwback Thursday...this was my very 1st posed 'before' photo. This was my heaviest. 141kg. Wearing my 'slimming' black clothes that were my every day 'uniform'. Size 28. #throwbackthursday #weightloss #weightlossjourney #loseweight #losingweight #12wbt #before



3 weeks ago:  
I found my Fit Bit charger! I am hopeless at managing them! I wore my first Fit Bit and lost it after 2 days. I got it replaced then lost my charger after about the same amount of days & the battery died. That was like 2 months ago. But I found the charger whoohoo. Just charging it up, to those who have connected with me I'll be more Fit Bit active very soon! #fitbit #exercise #training #weightloss




3 weeks ago:  
My gorgeous friend @vtread just sent me this photo. Could I love this enough??? πŸ˜„ Even the shorts haha!!!! ;) Thank you Vix xxxx #mymantra #run #running


3 weeks ago:  
Today's workout brought to you by my basement. #sohotoutside #fridaytraining #exercise #week8 #round4 #12wbt



3 weeks ago: 
#makeone


3 weeks ago: 
Location #2 of today's workout: makeshift training session in front of The Biggest Loser repeats makeover session. #daytimetv #holidays #summer #summerholidays #exercise #training #inspiration #loseweight #week8 #round4 #12wbt #home

 
3 weeks ago:  
Well that was an emotional training session! Tip: don't watch The Biggest Loser makeone episode while training if you want to be able to see your weights and what you're doing! #canttelliftearsorsweat Needed something to refresh me after and just had a Yonanas session with leftover Christmas Day fruit platter fruit that I froze. I made Rockmelon Yonana, Pineapple and Watermelon Yonana and Mango and Banana Yonana. OMG they are all amazing. But the a Pineapple and Watermelon, wow, I didn't know that it would taste too good but it is so refreshing and lovely! #pineapple #watermelon #yonana #yonanas #training #12wbt


3 weeks ago:
I don't think I supported my ankle enough today :( I exercised for a bit without shoes and my ankle's been sore... About to tie this up... #rice #ankle #sore :(




3 weeks ago: 
This mornings training - now eating breakfast in front of a fan. #week8 #round4 #12wbt #summer #sohot #training #exercise #fitbit



3 weeks ago:
This was a big moment for me that I didn't realise till I was on it. Today I was at a playground with some friends and I saw these cool train things that go around the playground perimeter on a track - they're propelled by cycling. Immediately I wanted to go on one. Master 9 was calling out to his sister, Miss 11, to come and join him. She was busy and wasn't listening to him so I took my chance and ran over and jumped on. We cycled around and it was actually decent hard work to make it move. Halfway around I had a minor freak out - "what was I doing?? You're going to break it!" I had been so excited to get on one (what, am I 7?? ;) ) that I hadn't stopped to think through what I was doing. I started to have flashbacks to theme parks where I have sunk rides and taken rides off the tracks because of my weight. Morbidly obese people do not ride kiddy train cycle things! Kate! But as we went around I tried to calm down and realise that ..... it's ok now. Yes, it could still happen but it's not like it used to be. I still thought it could buckle under my weight or go off the tracks but I tried to just enjoy the ride - (literally, because for the first part, Master 9 pedaled for both of us! Which was also really cool that he was able to....) :) And guess what...I didn't break the train :) Shoulda worn my HRM ;) #fun #cycling #play #weight #weightloss #weightlossjourney #loseweight #losingweight #12wbt #playground 


3 weeks ago:
30min of interval hill sprints before meeting the QLD Crew to do the Kokoda track πŸƒπŸšΆπŸƒπŸšΆπŸƒπŸšΆ #sprints #hill #kokoda #mtcoottha #exercise #training #sunday #operationbirthday #week8 #round4 #12wbt



3 weeks ago:
Still out here. For someone who hates nature and is petrified of animals, I weird myself out that I love this mountain so much. I feel like I grew up coming here...I had family picnics here when I was a baby, played ball with my cousins as a kid, snuck out on dates with my much older boyfriend who had a motorbike πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž when I was in high school, and since then have come here for other things....dates (non sneaking lol)....work experience and auditions at the TV stations...friends weddings....just to see the view from the lookout....to see the stars at night....when I've gone through a rough time I've escaped up here....lunches, dinners, coffees....and over the last 18 months to do crazy exercise jaunts - sometimes wearing superhero costumes and other times like today, just to train. I've learnt so many life lessons at all different ages up here. ❤️ Mt Coot-tha #mtcoottha #kokoda #mountain #brisbane #australia #exercise #training #week8 #round4 #12wbt #run #running #climbing 


 
2 weeks ago:
Next 10 days of food planned, bought and prepped. URGH I moan and complain each weekend when I have to do this - it takes sooooo long and it's sooooo annoying and URGH I turn into this teenager who doesn't want to clean their room URGH 😣😣😣 BUT! I magically become a grateful, mature adult as soon as it's done, because it takes me about 2min per meal to heat up / plate up, and it's all to plan so I know I'm doing the right thing for my weight loss ventures. It's just today that sux πŸ˜‰ Also this one was done very budget driven. Thanks to previous cook ups I've done, this lot cost me a total of $34.55 thank you very much! For 10 days of meals and snacks...I'm making an effort to use meals I've already cooked in the freezer so I just had to replenish fresh stuff. $3.46 per day for the next 10 days, and it's allllll already done. Until I whinge and moan for a couple of hours again next time lol πŸ˜‰ #foodprep #food #plan #preparation #12wbt #operationbirthday


2 weeks ago:
That moment when a friend who's never really struggled with her weight brings you a zip lock bag of cut up carrot and salsa so you don't have to eat the chips she brought for everyone else πŸ’œ❤️ #solucky #thoughtful #friend #loveher #weightloss #12wbt



2 weeks ago:
Back to routine today ... back to work and boot camp today. Work clothes, boot camp stuff and adult πŸ˜‰ lunch bag all packed this morning. #nomoreholidays #byebyesummerholidays #tillnexttime #imissyoualready #depressed 😭😭😭 


2 weeks ago:
Day 1 of my rekindled habit of parking further away from work and walking a bit longer to and from my car to work. I used to do this but when I changed jobs the walk got longer and I didn't have time, plus I just got lazy and I chose the risk of parking fines and convenience over walking. I put it off for ages but told myself that in the new year I'd scope out a new place to park that was closer (& free!) and get back into the habit. I found a place quickly and it looks like it'll be only a 2-3km return walk to and from the office each day - really nothing time wise (15min each way?) but a few extra calories to be burnt will not go astray πŸ‘ #everylittlebitcounts #incidentalexercise #exercise #12wbt #operationbirthday



2 weeks ago:
πŸ˜₯day. Feeling unmotivated uninspired sad stuck etc etc. Sometimes this journey is like this. Turned on The Biggest Loser to hopefully inject some inspiration into me. πŸ’™


2 weeks ago:
#transformationtuesday "How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” πŸ’œπŸ’—❤️πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’š #transformationtuesday #transformation #weightloss #loseweight #12wbt #round4



2 weeks ago:
Long story...but basically before I started this weight loss thing, my resting heart rate was around 80-90. As I've gotten more fit, it's reduced heaps and is now usually in the early 50's....like 51-52. Tonight my heart rate was 35-36....what the?? As far as I know even professional athletes heart rates are usually a minimum of 40 so this is really low. It remained around 35-36 for a while; I've had a few other symptoms & I have a heart condition so I got some advice and I've ended up in hospital. Best to get it checked out...I'm sure it's ok but it is a bit scary. I've got a lot of idle time to lie here and take selfies (#lookout) and create collages so I'm doing that to distract myself while I wait for the doctor. Why do my hospital visits always happen in the middle of the night when my family and friends are asleep & all I have is online? πŸ˜₯ #heartrate #low #lowheartrate #hrm #hospital #fitness #health P.S. Also why is it that every time I'm here, there's always some crazy man going wild and being detained by police / security / prison guards. #witchinghour #livingindahood P.P.S. I have a hot doctor who said he's a runner! So it ain't all bad πŸ˜‰ #i #like #hot #doctors

 

2 weeks ago:
I'm having an unplanned second rest day today (yesterday was my planned rest day).....I have a long term personal issue with rest, relaxation etc. But I'm really trying to change. The last few days haven't been great for me, I've been feeling really uninspired and unmotivated and sad...then in turn I feel lazy when I don't do much & I feel guilty-it's not a great cycle. Aside from that, I got out of hospital this morning and I'm fine: the diagnosis was that I'm fit. Seriously, that's what the result was. The doctor said "you're an athlete" like that was what was determined after testing. Trying to get my head around that one! Anyway, as a result I've taken today off from work and exercise. Maybe it's ok if I just relax today and not do much. I need to get better acquainted with the rest side of things in life! One great thing was it's Weigh in Wednesday today and I lost 2.6kg this week so it's pepped me up a bit to keep it up. I haven't fallen and I won't...I have goals and I will achieve them. Rest / regrouping days are just part of the process, aren't they. Xx #rest #restday #weighinwednesday #weight #weightloss #week9 #round4 #12wbt #relax #relaxation 


2 weeks ago:
Lying in bed means I get to play on my phone and fiddle with apps and my goal setting ( #myfavouritething) πŸ˜πŸ‘ I put in my main weight/fitness goal events and milestones in for the next month so I can see them in one pretty view. Over the next 2-3 weeks I have a 5km fun run, 11km fun run, half marathon and 2 triathlons. Then of course Operation Birthday and the 12WBT Summer Festival. Thanks for sharing this cool app @hayleyw80 ! 😊 #goals #goalsetting #12wbt #motivation #inspiration #12wbtsummerfestival #run #running #events


2 weeks ago:
A bit of a visual and statistical check up on my Operation Birthday 😊 I've been keeping this star sticker chart and have a bit of a system going to track my magic 4: Nutrition, Training, Sleep & Water. Each night before I go to bed I give myself a star sticker if I feel I've achieved my targets for the day. I then have a little $ reward system that's attached to this, and the plan is to use that money to fund my goal rewards at the end of Operation Birthday! Visually I can see instantly that the weeks I have more stickers precede weeks where I lost more weight. That's kind of comforting - it encourages me to know that I know what I have to do, the only battle is in doing it. I also did a bit of a count to see the stats. So far these are the stars & money that I've earnt: Nutrition: 47/68 Training: 61/68 Sleep: 26/68 Water: 39/68 $192/$402 I can see my weaknesses and rooms for improvement πŸ˜’ Then my potential to earn for the rest of the time before Operation Birthday is: Nutrition: 24 Training: 24 Sleep: 24 Water: 24 $148 I took these photos on Sunday so I've got stickers in this week since the photos have been taken and I'm excited that I have 2/2 stickers for each line for this week so far. I now just have to keep it up! That's my aim for the next 3 weeks! Let's see how much I can get close to those potential targets. $148 in itself would be handy! #operationbirthday #focus #determination #stickers #stickerchart #3weekstogo #round4 #12wbt #weightloss

 
2 weeks ago:
Afternoon snack...boiled egg & 12WBT pumpkin and feta frittatas πŸ˜™ #snack #egg #frittata #12wbt #weightloss




2 weeks ago:
Joining in on what I have just dubbed, "The Bum Files". lol! 😝 Sometimes one of my friends says or shows something that they've come across in their weight loss journeys and then I realise they are right and that I've had that change as well! Example Exhibit A, right here. My friend @cathysheargold posted how, since losing weight, she has now got a bum! She said how she's gone from having the flattest butt / and a "non butt", to actually getting a bum! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I was very happy for her....and then this morning as I was getting ready, I noticed something in the mirror.........I think I'm getting a bum too! I've never paid attention to my butt before, because like Cathy, I had a very non butt. It was the only flat part of my body πŸ˜’ But things may be a-changing! Terrible photo but this is a start and I had to share...lucky you πŸ˜‚...I'll probably take another butt shot soon, now that I've noticed this! Hahhahahhaa πŸ˜œπŸ˜„πŸ˜‚ Has anyone else noticed this change? Join The Bum Files now! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ #thebumfiles #weightloss #shapingmybacksidealittlemoreeachday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



2 weeks ago:
When friends send you a page of 3D butterfly stickers to work.....thank you @arnahg they are beautiful and so thoughtful ❤️ xoxooxo 


2 weeks ago:
Spent some of my lunch break downloading course maps for all of my planned events for this year...am gonna put them up on my desk at work & at home & as phone wallpaper etc. for motivation. These are my January course maps. #focus #running #run #events #january #motivation



2 weeks ago:
Disclaimer for fresh faced soup selfie: This photo of me was never meant to make it onto IG....I was sending this as a Snapchat to my little cousin at lunch....but I just remembered that I had it and that it would make a good illustration for this post 😊 I realised today that....it's worth it. All of those little sacrifices we make, all of the times we get ourselves out of bed when we'd much rather sleep...all of the times we said 'no' to a food that we'd dearly just love to taste...all of the times when we feel a little deflated and ask ourselves if it's really worth it? Well, it is. I've had a few moments like this, this week...where I've seen myself being strict and also a few moments where I'm seeing how it's paying off...on the scales, in the mirror and opportunities arising. .I notice these little moments and realise already that they're worth it: a work morning tea that I didn't touch...there was so much food and in particular there was a packet of Doritos that looked so amazing that I could taste the cheesey flavouring with my eyes. I could have had a couple...but I didn't. It may have made me want more, and I just reminded myself about Operation Birthday...that's really important to me and I'm remaining focused. I can have some Doritos soon, but for now, I want to focus on my next goal wholeheartedly. For lunch today I had something that looked very unexciting...this was different for me as I usually steer away from ugly food - I try and make my meals exciting in taste and appearance. But I'm doing "Operation ffs eat the low cal meals you've stocked in the freezer Kate before you add any more! And to save money" so I had my brown mush. I would have loved to have had anything else but I stuck to my plan. Yesterday I forgot 2 of my 3 snacks - (meal prep is great when you remember to bring all your food!!) 😩 And I was hungry and wanting a snack yesterday arvo. My only replacement options were potato chips or lollies. As much as I wanted something, I stuck to my guns and waited for another hour and ran out of work and home to my fridge where I devoured my pre made snacks, just a little later than usual. Each thing like this is hard...but we do it...because we want the end goal. It's bloody hard at times. But if you want it, you've gotta put the work in, it's as simple as that. It's worth it...that's why I'm doing it. ❤️ #motivation #weightloss #loseweight #12wbt #round4 #operationbirthday #focus #determined


2 weeks ago:
I'm so excited and motivated right now! I've just spent a little while reassessing my Operation Birthday goal. It needed a bit of tweaking...it wasn't going to work. It's been getting like that for while, so much so that it started becoming near impossible to actually achieve. The best thing about your goals is that they are yours - you can change them when you want. So instead of feeling hopeless about my goal which was getting out of reach and not actually believing I'll get there, or instead of being so overwhelmed and end up not doing anything about it at all, I've spent some time focussing and playing with numbers and considering some new ways of going about it, and I've worked it out! I'm going to do a blog post about it tonight so you can read more there if you're interested. But basically now I believe in my goal so much more, and I know I can get there. If I wake up on my birthday and I haven't made it, I will be ok with that. AS LONG AS - over the next 2 weeks and 5 days I put my 100% efforts into all that I do, and try my absolute best to get there. If I fall slightly short of the end target, that's ok. Because all my goal really is, is to know that I TRULY gave it my all. And besides that, this is a very real possibility...I can make this goal. I have to work my ass off, but I can do this. Wish me luck....spending some more time tonight to plan a few things and then tomorrow I get serious for the last stretch. I want this goal so much. I'm going to do everything I can to get there. I've already been working hard - I am now going to work harder 😍 #goal #goals #operationbirthday #round4 #12wbt #focus #determined #determination #motivation #motivated #ivegotthis


2 weeks ago:
This mornings adventures so far...stair climbs and hill runs and a protein pancake that looks burnt and was burnt, but didn't taste burnt #score! The hill I ran up (it's more of an incline lol) made me stop and be proud as the only other time I have run up it was a 18 months ago, before I started running, and the only reason I ran was because a young friend who was in my care had a car accident at the top of the hill after leaving my place - I ran as much as I could all the way to her that day (& nearly needed the ambo myself!!) as I was so unfit. Yet today I did it normally. Best feeling 😊 Now I'm off to try out a new parkrun with my old boss! I think it's a trail run....eeek!!! #training #exercise #week9 #round4 #12wbt #hill #operationbirthday #run #running #weightloss #sss


To be continued...on my next blog post :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment