Wednesday 28 August 2013

The no name post

So when I don't know what to do, I blog...

I don't know what to do :(

I don't even know what to call this post!

I'd love to say that I kicked my butt during the week and have got The Worlds Best Action Plan on how I'm getting back on track - but ahhhhh no, I don't.  At all.  I am in this huge rut and I don't know how to get out of it.  The positive side of this is that it hasn't been going on for too long (like, 2 weeks) so it shouldn't be too convoluted to get out of it.

But, a rut is a rut and any rut is bad enough!

Thank you very much for your comments on my Smashing It :/ post.  They were lovely responses and some of them may have made me tear up!  I feel bad that it's now a week later and I am seemingly nowhere closer to getting myself out of this.  In that week I have
The beautiful Court and Pais
however done Glow Run and run another half marathon!  So I haven't given it all up.  But yeah - the rest of it - is out of the window.  I'll post separately about the runs.  This post is more about how I don't know how to get out of this lull that I'm in.


I've had some lovely support - two friends (Courtney and Paisley) came over on the weekend to help me write my meal plan together, shop and do a cook up!  Time wise we didn't get to the cook up but the planning was done and the thought behind it meant so much.  I can't believe they did that for me.  And then tonight I got the most beautiful surprise in the mail, a gorgeous friend, Cat, who I met at Melbourne finale sent me a little present in the mail...a "fitbook".  She tracked down my address and sent it with this lovely card.  I love the present but the sentiment behind what she did meant even more.  Very overwhelming.  12WBT has introduced me to the most kind hearted people.  These are just 2 examples of people I am so lucky to be surrounded by.

From the lovely Cat <3
Yet I singlehandedly still manage to stuff it all up.  This is no great new thing to me; as we all know, I stuff up all the time.  But each time is not pleasant and the energy and positivity it takes for the comeback is sometimes hard to muster.  I'm having (car accident related) trouble elsewhere in my life at the moment and I've sadly let it affect my food, which I have then in turn let affect my exercise.  Why, after so long, I still manage to turn to food, is beyond me, but hey, that's what has happened.  It's that whole stupid all or nothing thing that I've fallen into again and I've let it continue for 2 weeks now.

I know I'm the only one who can change it and I'm only letting myself down and I just have to do it, and I know what to do, blah blah blah.  But my mind is SO distracted elsewhere, that I just can't focus on anything else.  I don't doubt that I'll get there, but 'when' and 'how' are my big stress points right now. :(

Sorry for the completely unmotivating and uninspiring post, but hey - this whole thing does include falls sometimes.  And I guess this is one of my falls. :)

2 comments:

  1. Go easy on yourself gorgeous girl. Stop glossing over the amazing things you have achieved (in the past week alone!) and remind yourself that you have everything you need to achieve your goals. And sometimes what you need is to give yourself a break. That said, I'm also struggling at the moment so I'm trying to go back over the fundamentals - don't think, just do. Cause when I think, I eat lovely toasted sandwiches stacked with cheese and avo and mayo. But when I just do, I eat 12wbt lasagne & veg and that motivates me to make sure the next meal is compliant. Big hugs - proud of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kate go easy on yourself. You are human and it takes so much longer than we want it to, to stop reaching for food. I'm in that rut you are in too and am having trouble seeing my way out...We will find our way out though!!! We've done it before it can be done again!thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete