Left is me at a friends birthday in June – I look happy here but I was depressed, uncomfortable, embarrassed and wearing my ‘good black outfit’. Right is me at a friends birthday last night.
Week 12 is always a week of self-assessment. We look at how we’ve gone, we judge our performance, we crunch figures. And then, next Monday, it continues and it's like a mini fresh start. Whether we’re doing Week 1 of 12WBT or continuing on our own, life goes on as it always does.
Me dressed as Britney for a party last week. Baby, one more time.
I decided that this week for me will be Transition Week. I’m going to check in with myself with how I’ve travelled through Round 4, enjoy myself this weekend in celebration of it, and get to work on setting myself up for next week and beyond. I’m not going to obsess over this round, instead I’m going to look at it, learn from it, and smile about it. Because I feel good about it. It wasn’t perfect and I certainly wasn’t perfect. At the start of the round I wrote this post: Aiming for the moon: The Plan. And I did. I didn’t reach the moon but the adage is true, I instead fell amongst the stars.
Some ways that I hold my pants up. You know when they say to wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident? Well they should say the same of wearing safety pins on pants. It was embarrassing showing this in hospital!
- I didn’t lose the total amount of weight that I wanted to, but I still lost a lot of kg’s and cm’s. I’m in a whole state better than I was 12 weeks ago.
- I improved my fitness ten – or eleven (!) fold. I did my Week 12 fitness test yesterday morning. My stats are here but I’m really proud of my time trial. In June I started out with 10:21. 4 weeks ago my result was 7:23. And yesterday it was 6:47. I wasn’t in a good state afterwards but I pushed it and was so excited to get under 7min.
- This round, things finally ‘clicked’. And more importantly, I realised that they will continue to ‘click’.
|Things are so different.|
- I became obsessed with selfies! Seriously – I’ve always taken a lot of photos, but I think I have an issue! Since the start of January, I have found myself taking selfies non stop! Everywhere – in the bathroom mirror, in shop windows, in the lift at work, in hospital, at the SES, while walking – you name it, I would have taken a photo. I’m also obsessed with creating before and after collages. I have so many! I would be so embarrassed if anyone went through my phone! There’s photos of me….me….and me….! I guess it’s kind of like that movie “Suddenly 30” where Jennifer Garner’s character suddenly goes from being 13 to 30 years old and she keeps looking at her newly developed chest. Ok, I’ve always known that I have boobs (!) but it’s like I’m suddenly looking at how I look now and trying to be comfortable with this as my body changes.
- I fit into the yellow dress! And the black one shoulder dress!
- I set myself a mini milestone / goal / challenge each week. I did some awesome things! I didn’t get every single thing done.
- And I am ok with that.
And, the most important thing I did, was:
- I worked hard and did my best.
Week 12 is a funny week, in a way it is shorter, we have finale, and everyone’s starting to focus on Week 1 of the next round. And I’m going to also do that. I’ll work hard for the rest of it and have a ball at finale, but I’m going to start to focus on my next round and beyond. I’m not in a perfect state but as long as I keep trying, that’s all I can ever do. I’m proud of myself and I know that I did my best. But Round 4 is over. Eyes to the future; let the planning begin. I told someone yesterday to fake it till they make it and I think I should take my own advice. I may not feel 100% but I’ll just pretend. Besides, the 100% is inside me.
My body measurements where I started - where I am now - and where I aim to be.
I've got so many goals, dreams and plans and it's time to focus on these. We always need to reset. I'll blog soon about my goals for Round 1 and what I'm going to put in place for myself to help me achieve these. Round 4 is finishing. I'll remember this 11-12 weeks as a period of immense personal growth for myself.
It was traumatic wearing this bridesmaid dress at the time. And this wasn’t even at my biggest.
And if I ever forget what this round has been about or what I have done, I have 1796 selfies to remind me. :)