Monday 27 March 2017

My subscriber email function has a mind of its own

Hi hi!

I'm in the middle of writing a new post, and started to include this (unrelated) stuff in it.  The post I'm writing is important and is already going to be a Kate style length, so I didn't want to clutter it with off topic random stuff.  Hence, this is a new post just to explain something quickly.

Last week I was trying to clean up some of my posts on here, because I have about 20-30 draft posts.  Some of which ended up becoming published posts but they took 1 or 2 goes; a couple that I published and then changed my mind and reverted them back into drafts; and then a whole stack of posts that I started but never finished.

While I was trying to clean them up, I republished a couple of very old ones, but they
Cartoon Kate
somehow posted as new, and then seemed to have triggered a couple of subscriber emails to be sent out- one highlighting my old/new blog post, and another sending what is approximately the last years worth of blog posts in one email.


Augh.  I don't know why, but the subscriber email thing on my blog doesn't seem to work.  I've always been on my own mailing list, (to see what gets sent out, not because I like emailing myself)😉 and over the years of writing this blog, I've never seen any consistency in the emails that I receive.  I've always just hoped that my mind-of-their-own, irregular emails in my inbox were random because I was the author, and that everyone who subscribed got a clean, pretty email each time I posted, but it appears that I'm blonde, and that's not the case.

So, if you received some oddly timed emailed posts from me last week, then please know that I possibly wrote one or two of the posts a few years ago.  And if you received an email with a years worth of blog posts all on one email: happy reading!  Jokes.

I'll try and work out what the email issue is 'one day', but it's not high on the priority list for now sorry.  If you want to keep up to date with my blog, it's probably best that you read them 'live' here, and don't rely on emails as they seem to come but once a year.😊  And if you've relied on them up till now, you may have a fair bit of catch up reading to do!😑  Sorry.  I've also just disabled the function for now until I sort it out.

So, with that said, I'm off to finish off this other new post.  It'll be up on my blog soon; either tonight or tomorrow.  

And it may or may not be emailed to you, possibly around April next year.😉 

No comments:

Post a Comment